Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #7b

I really enjoy checking my Google reader regularly now and it's not overwhelming. It is almost as exciting as checking Facebook. :) Today when I was checking I found a post on the Tech Learning blog that goes along with 23 Things. The post is on screencasts, which I don't think we learn about in 23 Things. This blog provides 10 different resources for creating screencasts.

I learned a little about screencasts at the Promethean board conference I went to. A screencast is a digital recording of computer screen output, also known as a video screen capture. These can be helpful if you are teaching others how to do something on the computer. Screencasts can also be used to record instruction if you, the teacher, have to be gone for some reason. As I learned at the Promethean conference I went to, screencasts work great with the Promethean board. You can record yourself writing, moving objects, and speaking all at once. This is just another great way to integtrate technology into the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment