Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #17

I really enjoyed listening to the student-made podcasts. I thought Our City podcast was a really cool idea. It's a great way for students from all over the world to interact using technology. It is also a great resource for students to learn about different cities.

Previously, I have not listened to any podcasts. I was surprised by how many podcasts I found when I used the different directories to search for podcasts. There are several educational podcast available for personal and school use. I think I would be more likely to use podcasts in my teaching than for my personal use. I don't see myself sitting down to listen to people talk about something. I am more of a visual person. I would rather watch or read the information than listen to it. I would occasionally use podcasts in my teaching for that reason. If I feel that way about podcasts, some of my students are likely to feel the same. Teaching is about varying presentation to reach all kinds of learners.

I would like to learn more about making podcasts. It would be neat if the first grade classes could collaboratively contribute podcasts on a certain subject. Then our students would be teaching and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment