Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #18

I love YouTube! It can be a great resource for teaching (with some monitoring, of course). I've decided you can find anything possible on there. I need to start using YouTube more in my teaching and for my personal use. When I use YouTube in my teaching I will need to figure out a way to embed the video so I don't show any inappropriate material by accident. The videos on YouTube can be excellent resources for teaching any subject. There are several videos that can help with Science and social studies. I even found a song to help teach even and odd numbers.




At a First Grade Conference I went to my first year of teaching they told us about power teaching. After I came home I wanted to learn more about it so I searched for Power teaching on YouTube and found this video. I really liked how engaged and interactive the students were in the learning. I used what I learned in the video and it worked out well.

This "thing" actually came in handy for me today. I went to Farmer's Market today and bought some squash, but I have never cooked squash before. I remembered we had to find a how-to video so I searched for how to cook squash. Now I know several different ways to cook the squash I bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment