Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing #11

I knew that Flickr had pictures, but I didn't realize how much it had to offer. You can do anything with pictures on there. The tagging allows you to find pictures on any subject. My favorite thing I learned about Flickr was all the fun things you can do with pictures like the slideshow, mosaic maker, or puzzles.

Flickr is an awesome resource to use in the classroom. Like I was saying in my previous post on Creative Commons, pictures are so important to us with first graders. They are just starting to read, so if they see pictures they will start to make connections. When I teach my students new vocabulary I like to post it in the room with pictures. Before I just used Google images to find pictures, but now I can use Flickr to share legit pictures with my students.

Here are some pictures I found that I can use when we teach Texas symbols since these are real-life things.






*Click the picture to see photographer's other pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment