Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #23

What a good idea! Ning is like an educational and appropriate Facebook. It is a really cool resource for teachers and students. This also solves the problem of all the junk that can be added to Facebook or MySpace.

It is good for teachers because we can create a social network with our students, like Facebook, that is safe to use. There could be a class of school network for the students to join. This would be fun for the students because it would be like using Facebook. Once the students join there could be educational discussions or resources for the students to use.

Ning can also be a great resource for teachers. There are so many educational social networks that provide support from other educators. I already joined Classroom 2.0 and am looking forward to exploring more of what it has to offer. I found a discussion about the best resource for a website/blog/wiki. This is helpful for 23 thingsters because we can put together some of the resources we already learned. I also feel like if I had a question about technology this would be a great place to go to get some answers. I am also glad that our 23 Things group can keep in touch. This will help remind me and encourage me to put what I learned to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment