Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thing #10

In all my years of using the internet, I have never noticed the CC logo. I had never even heard about Creative Commons until a friend of mine who took 23 things mentioned it to me. I have heard of Copyrights and know what that is, but not Creative Commons.

I think having Creative Commons and knowing about it will have a big impact on the way students learn. I use lots of images from the internet for activities with my first grade students. Pictures are important to use with first graders because they are just beginning to read and they need to make picture connections. Creative Commons will also be important for students using information from the internet. It would be frustrating to have all this information on the internet for teachers and students to use, but not be able to use it. I think it is awesome that Creative Commons makes all of those awesome resources available.

No comments:

Post a Comment