Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

One more thing!!

I am so happy to say that I actually completed all 23 Things. I might have procrastinated a little, but I got it done. I am very excited about all the new knowledge on technology I have gained. My favorite parts of 23 things were the media related discoveries. I really like exploring Flickr, YouTube, and VoiceThreads. These resources are great for providing more visual opportunities for students to learn. The part I struggled with the most was reflecting on my experience in my blog. I would rather not reflect on every single thing if there is another way to show we completed a task.

This class has helped me realize that technology is not as scary as it seems. I now feel more confident in exploring what technology has to offer. Also, technology is ever-changing. There is always something new, or in the making, to learn about. I want to continue to explore and learn to make sure my students have opportunities to use the online resources available. 23 Things has influenced me as a teacher by making me more brave to incorporate technology into my teaching. Before I was apprehensive about using something I did not know how to use. Now I know more so I will be able to use what I learned with my students. In order to keep up with new developments in Web 2.0 I will stay connected with our 23 Things Ning and other blogs such as Learning 2.1. I am going to continue to check my Google Reader as well for new ideas.

Thank you for ging me the knowledge and confidence to be a Web 2.0 teacher!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! You made it!! I never once thought you procrastinated. You seemed to work on each Thing in a timely manner, and your posts were always quality, thought-provoking reflections!

    Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete