Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thing #7

Commenting is a very important part of blogging. It is what makes blogs interactive. Instead of just reading articles, we can respond and discuss them. Commenting makes blogs more like a conversation.

I relate commenting on blogs to commenting on Facebook. People can reply to other people's Facebook status. I don't comment on Facebook too much because it makes me nervous. I feel very vulnerable when I put my opinion out there for the rest of the world. That's how I felt for this assignment as well. It was easier to comment on my classmates blogs than on the educational blogs. I felt like the other people doing 23 Things would relate to how I was feeling because some of them were new to commenting also. On the educational blogs there are more people who blog on a regular basis. I thought they might judge what I said more.

The commenting tips were helpful. That made me feel more confident about commenting. It was also helpful for encouraging people to comment on my blog. I think it makes it easier to comment when there is a question or open discussion. So in saying that, how do you feel about commenting?

1 comment:

  1. I like to comment on Facebook because my Facebook friends know me, but commenting in the big world is scarier. It is too easy for others to take your comments in the wrong manner. Humor doesn't always come across the right way. We cannot check someone's face to see if they are serious or hear their tone of voice. It is a problem. But I am trying to be braver.

    ReplyDelete