Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thing #5

I have to be honest. Using Google Reader still seems overwhelming to me. There is so much to look at even just skimming the articles. I do not usually check any websites regularly except my email and Facebook ☺. If I find any interesting websites Google Reader would be a good way to follow them. I also find it hard to navigate Google Reader. There are so many things to click and I’m not sure what it all does.

The blog I found most interesting was the Students 2.0 blog. It is opinions about education from a student’s perspective. I feel like their writing is more understandable to me. The Don’t Save the World post stood out to me because I can relate to it. I felt like my senior year in high school and in college I was scrambling to try to join organizations and volunteer so I could build my resume and look good on paper. Sometimes I feel like I am still doing this. I volunteer myself for positions and events to make myself look like a stronger teacher. I don't necessarily think all of that is needed to be an expert teacher. I think I should be involved in what I am genuinely interested in, not just what looks good to other people.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel alone-When I first started using Google Reader, I wasn't sure how much I would use it, and I would get overwhelmed when it would fill up with feeds because I had forgotten to use it.

    Now it is something I use regularly. You just have to use it when you come across a site that interests you, not the other way around. It also gets easier the more you use it.

    ReplyDelete