Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Thing #1

Accepting responsibility for my own learning will be the most challenging habit for me during this course. I am very bad about procrastinating. I need to stay on top of things and be proactive in order to not have the work pile up on me. In order to keep up with the timeline I need to be responsible for taking the time to work ahead of time. I usually blame my procrastinating on being busy, but really it is that I do not take the time to work when I should.

It will be easiest to use technology to my advantage because that is what this course is all about. The reason I am taking this staff development is because technology has become a major part of life. Being able to use the technology to my advantage is my goal. I want to know what technology is available so I can use it and implement it into my classroom.

The most important habit as I work through the course will be viewing problems as challenges. I am sure that as I work through the 23 things I will encounter some technical difficulties. My first reaction will be to get frustrated but I need to stay patient and work through the problem. There are many resources on the web and friends to help if I have any issues. When I solve the problem, I will be more knowledgeable about the topic and become a resource to help others.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you already enjoy technology. I think having fun with the 23 Things will keep you on track and even help you finish early!

    ReplyDelete